Who gets the 10GB of space?
A few days ago I asked how you would fill up 10GB of space, little knowing the number of responses my request would generate! I’m really glad Firefox can open new links in tabs as it’s made reading all your blog posts much easier but it hasn’t made it easier to choose the winners.
Winners? Did I say winners? Yes, we’ll have three winners: first place gets 10GB of space, second place gets 5GB, and third gets something else. Oh yes, 1GB of space.
First of all, I want to point out some of the noteworthy contributions:
- Sarah had the wonderful idea that uploading a PSD file and allowing edits to it as a “photoshop tennis tournament”. I can imagine there would be some serious amount of photoshopping done on those images.
- Declan wrote passionately that “images want to be free” relating how they convey unforgettable snapshots of our time.
- Skaldrom has an imaginative way of making his point!
- fraktalwelten wants to share fractal data. Now that’s something I wouldn’t have thought of. Imagine if you could run it through a realtime Java fractal engine?
- Calupict wants to record life with her loved ones.
- Pizdets is launching an online multimedia flash magazine.
- Fotografia wants to record his ideas in a device independent way – uncompressed tiff files.
- Blayde – the recorded history of mankind? Huge task!
- Michael Sync has an excellent post about extra space. I like his co-location backups idea.
- Photoehab wants to record his plans each day. Oh to look back and see what we wanted to do, and how it came about.
- Fredcpp loves astronomy. That’d generate a huge amount of data!
- Railuk hoped to photograph every train in the EU.
- System13 would love to record podcasts from within WordPress. Yes, that would be cool.
- Alamster wants to illustrate his posts with screenshots and flash animations.
- Axewielderx likes cheese and this came oh so close but it was just pipped at the post!
Some great ideas there but here are the winning entries.
- Drewblom gets the 10GB of storage. His idea of uploading the raw material of his animation work could prove to be a very useful resource for people doing 3D animation. Look through his earlier posts for some of it’s work. It’s really impressive.
- Halfawake gets 5GB. Like Drewblom above he wants to share data. In this case scientific biology data.
- Fracas gets 1GB of space for his photos. I absolutely loved his story, and so did my wife. I’m not saying that she’ll have a say in any future competition but bear it in mind!
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who entered. I read each and every post and they were great! Unfortunately we can’t give out prizes to everyone but hopefully you’ll have some extra visitors to your blogs thanks to the links above and the links on the original post.
The winners should have the extra space added to their blogs in the next few minutes. Thank you Mark for sorting that out. I’m running out the door to a birthday party!