Howdy! — or should I say “g’day, mate!” since I’m in Sydney for WordCamp Australia? November was a fun month, and the final month of development for WordPress 2.7 — coming very soon. It’s been an exciting process, and we think you’ll become a big fan of the changes that you’ll see in your dashboards.
Here are the stats from November:
- 315,405 blogs were created.
- 334,578 new users joined.
- 3,896,520 file uploads.
- 1930.90 gigabytes of new files.
- 562 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 8,072,704 comments.
- 6,567,942 logins.
- 994,340,222 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 777,087,121 on self-hosted blogs (1,771,427,343 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
- 1,463,666 active blogs and 17,433,783 active posts where “active” means they got a human visitor.
- 1,083,163,397 words.
Mobile posts are on the rise: you made 44,265 posts to WordPress from a mobile device in November — up from 35,016 the month before.
You’ve been checking out WordPress blogs through the LinkedIn app: 1,169,596 views were generated by links from your LinkedIn profiles and homepages this month.
Some of you wrote your first opus and posted it to your blog during National Novel Writing Month. Congrats!