February was a good month for us, production-wise. We brought you a new theme, a new and improved LiveJournal import tool, and threaded comments. Elsewhere, Automattic launched BuddyPress, a set of WordPress MU plugins that transforms a WordPress MU install into a social network platform. We also launched the I <3 Blogging design contest, in partnership with Infectious (which ends on March 30).
Here are the stats from February:
- 351,904 blogs were created.
- 385,033 new users joined.
- 4,577,845 file uploads.
- 2,926 gigabytes of new files.
- 776 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 7,964,018 comments.
- 6,436,398 logins.
- 1,022,236,821 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 948,586,171 on self-hosted blogs (1,970,822,992 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
- 1,039,553 active blogs and 19,015,974 active posts where “active” means they got a human visitor.
- 1,348,400,618 words.
You subscribed to 641,150 comment threads, using our new comment subscription feature.
There was a whopping seven WordCamps in February: WordCamp Higher Ed North East, WordCamp Paris, WordCamp Germany, WordCamp Miami, WordCamp India, WordCamp Education Vancouver, WordCamp Denver. (The next WordCamp is WordCamp Hong Kong, on April 5.)