September was a big month for us. We acquired proofreading service After the Deadline, and launched it as a feature on WordPress.com. We implemented RSS Cloud and custom CSS revisions. The Happiness Engineers rolled out two new widgets: the RSS Links widget and the Image Widget, along with other improvements. We also launched a new theme: DePo Square.
Next month the Automattic crew is heading to Québec City for our biannual meetup. This is our time for working on special projects, like comment reply by e-mail, blavatars, and the original Prologue. More surprises are on the way.
On to the stats for September:
- 448,025 blogs were created.
- 6,325,895 posts were published.
- 481,505 new users joined.
- 7,113,257 file uploads.
- 5,384 gigabytes of new files.
- 816 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 8,845,411 comments.
- 7,827,502 logins.
- 1,317,218,759 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 1,350,080,907 on self-hosted blogs (2,667,299,666 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
- 2,244,794 active blogs and 23,395,291 active posts, where “active” means they got a human visitor.
- 1,510,819,760 words.
More neat stuff:
300,037 of you made use of After the Deadline.