WordCamp NYC This Weekend!
This weekend, November 14-15, a whole bunch of the friendly faces from Automattic and WordPress.com will be in New York City to attend WordCamp NYC. If you’re a NYC area local (and really, with Acela service being what it is, doesn’t that almost mean anywhere from Boston to D.C.?), we hope you’ll join us at what’s shaping up to be one of the most exciting WordCamps of all time.
(Okay, I’m one of the organizers, so of course *I* think it will be awesome, but in this case, I’m right!)
What’s so great about this WordCamp? Allow me to tell you:
- 8 tracks of content, to cover every WordPress-lover’s area of interest/expertise*
- Over 50 confirmed speakers for Saturday‘s sessions
- Sunday morning unconference
- Sunday afternoon “Best of WordCamp NYC” Ignite-style recap
- Q&A with Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress.com
- Theme/Plugin Competition, Project Runway style
- Fantastic shirts
- Yummy lunch on Saturday
- Door prize raffle
- Genius Bar to help people with their WordPress woes (meet the Happiness Engineers in person!)
- Hacker Room for hardcore developers who want to contribute to the open source project
We’re being hosted by Baruch College, a great venue in the Gramercy Park area of Manhattan. We will not be streaming WordCamp NYC online due to bandwidth limitations, but we hope to post videos from the event on WordPress.tv after it’s over.
It’s like 2 days of WordPress Paradise for less than going out to dinner (thanks to generous sponsors like Microsoft, Media Temple and other great companies). Over 550 people have already signed up. What are you waiting for? Get your ticket now and come meet us there!
*Tracks are: Newbies, Bloggers, CMS, Beginning Developer, Advanced Developer, BuddyPress/MU, Academic, and Open Source Community.