Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, that’s creativity.
– Charles Mingus
From the time we started WordPress.com in 2005, we’ve focused on making it easy and rewarding to use so that anyone could get started with blogging. Along the way all of you who’ve been using WordPress.com and giving us your feedback have helped us figure out which features to roll out next. Thanks!
I took a look back at all the feature announcements we’ve made here, and it came to 370 posts, 82 in 2009 alone. That’s a lot of features. So in case you missed anything along the way here are some of my picks for cool things you can do with WordPress.com.
- Add quotes, images, and videos to your blog while browsing other web sites with the Press This bookmarklet.
- Post by email makes it easy to publish blog posts from any email client. (It’s what I use to post to my photoblog.)
- Post additional media to your blog, like video, with the VideoPress Upgrade and music, with the Space Upgrade
- Use shortcodes to display videos, slideshows, polls, maps, and more.
- Write posts, upload photos, edit pages, and manage comments on your blog using WordPress for iPhone, WordPress for Blackberry, and m.wordpress.com.
- Import your blog to WordPress.com from other platforms, like Blogger and TypePad.
- Schedule posts and pages so your blog can update itself, change your post and page timestamps, and display a page as your front page.
- Customize the appearance of your blog with the Custom CSS Upgrade.
- Map your domain to remove “.wordpress.com” from your blog’s URL.
- Change the language of your dashboard and blogs, contribute translations to WordPress.com using GlotPress. We have support forums in Dutch, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- Subscribe to other blogs using:
Email subscriptions for posts and comments
The Tag Surfer
We’re working on much more for you in 2010. In the meantime check out Support for an updated list of features, and tips on making the most of your blog. Thanks for making WordPress.com amazing.
- Jan 13, 2010 @ 1:32 am