Texting: It’s Now For Blogging, Too
Sometimes, you can’t always get to your computer, but you may really need to handle something important on your blog. That’s when a new feature we’re launching today — WordPress.com Text Messaging — steps in to help. Through our shiny new 77377 (PRESS) shortcode, you can manage your blog using SMS messages. No computer? No problem.
Note: Currently available in the USA only. Standard text message and data rates apply.
We’ve added great free and paid upgrade features to Text Messaging that make it easy to blog while on the go:
For no additional cost, you can receive text notifications when the following changes occur on your blog:
- Users are added or removed
- The theme changes
- The privacy settings change
For ultimate control over your blog while on the go, check out the features you get with the Text Messaging upgrade:
- Protect your blog by using a two-step login process. A text message will be sent to your phone upon login with a passcode that must be entered in order to access your Dashboard.
- Get notified of new comments and moderate them on the spot with a simple text reply. You can also send in a reply to comments you receive.
- Get a notification when a post is published on your blog.
- Need to post something short and sweet right away? You can fire off a text and a new post will be added to your blog instantly.
The upgrade is available for just $20 per year. To purchase, select “Upgrades” while on your blog Dashboard and then select “Text Messaging”.
Ready to get started? From your dashboard, click the “Text Messaging” link under the “Settings” tab to register your phone number with the service. After activating, you can select the Text Messaging features that you would like to use for your blog.
Full instructions for using the Text Messaging service are available at