3 New Ways to Attract More Twitter Followers from WordPress.com
We love to create new features on WordPress.com, but we also like to make it easier for you to connect your site with other popular services. We’ve teamed up with the folks at Twitter several times over the years, and we’re thrilled to help them unveil the new Follow Button to the world for the very first time today.
The new Follow Button makes it easy for your readers to follow you on Twitter without ever leaving your WordPress.com site. Here are three ways to incorporate it on your site:
1. Add the new Follow Button to posts, pages, or text widgets. You can even show a count of your followers, customize the colors, and display a link to your Twitter page. Check out the Twitter Follow Button support document for all the details.
Here’s a working example of what the new Follow Button looks like:
2. Embed fully functioning Tweets on your posts and pages with Twitter Blackbird Pie. The new Follow Button will appear in the upper right hand corner of the Tweet.
3. Activate the Twitter Widget on your site’s sidebar to display the Follow Button below a list of recent Tweets.
We hope the new Follow Button will help you to boost your site’s reach and exposure. Don’t forget that there are additional ways that you can integrate Twitter with WordPress.com:
- Add a Twitter sharing button to the bottom of your posts or pages with the Sharing feature
- Tweet new posts automatically to your Twitter account with Publicize