Showcase Your Creativity with a Portfolio Site
Do you shoot photographs or video? Illustrate, paint, or draw? Design things? If you answered “yes” to one or more of the above, WordPress.com is the perfect place to show your stuff. We’ve just launched WordPress.com/portfolios to help you build an online portfolio you’re proud of.
Over 30 portfolio themes
Customize your theme
Your online portfolio is about you and your personal brand. All of our themes let you set a custom header image and a custom background image or color.
Turn your portfolio site into a work of art in itself with the Custom Design upgrade. Choose the fonts and colors that match your personal style, and tweak your design even further with Custom CSS.
Manage your portfolio
In addition to themes, WordPress.com provides heaps of tools you can use to maintain your online portfolio and communicate with clients and prospective employers.
Your images are everything. Our themes and tools are designed to make your images look great. Do you have special projects that you want to highlight? Some of our portfolio themes, such as Skylark and Simfo, come with featured post sliders that show off these projects with beautiful featured images.
Perhaps you’d like to show off a bunch of images at once? For that, we make it easy to insert image galleries. Your galleries can have a variety of styles. Rectangular photos, circular photos, a slick image Carousel view, beautifully tiled layouts, and more — it’s up to you.
Even more killer tools
- If moving pictures and sound are your thing, we make it easy to embed external video and audio. Want to upload HD video and audio directly to your site? The VideoPress and Space Upgrade have got you covered.
- Blog your latest news. Let visitors subscribe to your posts and regularly receive email updates.
- Connect with clients and prospective employers — add a contact form and upload a PDF of your resume or CV.
- Start a group portfolio by inviting other WordPress.com users to contribute to your site. New users can create an account and join in, too.
- Get noticed — our sharing buttons let your visitors spread the word across multiple social networks about the projects that inspire them.
- Put a professional finishing touch on your site with a Custom Domain. Your own domain is easier for your friends, family, and prospective clients to remember. It’ll also just look plain awesome on your business cards and resumes.
You’re in great company
If you’re looking for inspiration, check out these lovely sites users have built on WordPress.com. Some are strictly portfolios, some combine a portfolio with a blog, and all of them highlight the wide range of versatility WordPress.com has to offer.
So, polish up your best stuff and head over to WordPress.com/portfolios to start crafting that portfolio site you’re proud of. In the meantime, we await the masterworks of your imagination.