Two Cities, Two Launches: A Pair of Sites Built on WordPress.com Enterprise
Some say there’s no greater rivalry than the one between the City by the Bay, San Francisco, and the one-and-only Big Apple, New York City. And considering both cities’ contributions to the industry of tech and big ideas, they’re right!
Two cities, two launches
Recently, both San Francisco and New York City launched initiatives to highlight their technology and startup communities — projects we’re proud to support. While both cities have their own thriving communities, they share one thing: their websites, Where the World Changes and We Are Made in NY, are built on WordPress.com Enterprise.
What is WordPress.com Enterprise?
Both Where the World Changes and We Are Made in NY are powered by WordPress.com Enterprise: a platform offering all of the features of WordPress.com that you love, all of our paid upgrades (such as Custom Design and premium themes), plus the best of our features for WordPress.com VIP sites — including 100+ vetted plugins that help you improve SEO, add social media tools, and manage ads.
Have your posts gone viral? Did your site get picked up by a big media outlet? WordPress.com Enterprise will scale with you as you and your traffic grow over time. For $500/month, you can power your site on a platform that combines the simplicity, flexibility, and security of WordPress.com — and all of the features and unlimited bandwidth enjoyed by WordPress.com sites — with powerful customization options and upgrades.
- Unlimited storage space: Need to upload a lot of media, from photographs to videos? Upload away.
- VIP plugin directory: Want to run plugins on WordPress.com? Well, you can with Enterprise — you have access to the VIP plugin directory.
- White-glove support: Need help? You have access to a support team of world-class developers, via email or live chat, whenever you have questions.
- Google Analytics: Use the Google Analytics plugin to track your site stats and visitors.
Launch a robust, high-traffic website in minutes with WordPress.com Enterprise. If you’re interested in a one-month free trial, or would like to chat with someone if you have questions, visit WordPress.com Enterprise.
Other sites built on WordPress.com Enterprise
In addition to the cities of San Francisco and New York, other organizations and bloggers have sites powered by WordPress.com Enterprise:
- ESPN Digital and Print Content is the go-to place for ESPN products for sports fans.
- Soleil Moon Frye’s Moonfrye, a site of parenting stories, tips, and advice, is a space to celebrate the power of being a parent.
- The 4-Hour Chef is bestselling author Tim Ferriss’ site for his guide to mastering cooking and life — a “cookbook for people who don’t buy cookbooks.”
- The Crosby Press is a digital lifestyle magazine by JackThreads, a members-only shopping community for men.