This month I had the pleasure of meeting many of you at WordCamp 2008 in San Francisco, WordCamp South Africa, and now WordCamp Philippines. It’s been a blast, and there are many more to come. Check out the schedule to see if there’s a WordCamp near you.
Here are the stats for August:
- 286,860 blogs were created.
- 298,655 new users joined.
- 3,442,638 file uploads.
- About 1,580 gigabytes of new files.
- 439 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 6,750,960 comments.
- 5,354,732 logins.
- 830,555,442 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 625,626,770 on self-hosted blogs (1,456,182,212 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
- 1,196,661 active blogs and 14,056,683 active posts where “active” means they got a human visitor.
Some other facts and stats:
Number10.gov.uk, the official site of the UK Prime Minister’s Office, has relaunched their site using WordPress.
There were 450 attendees at WordCamp 2008 in San Francisco.
There were 105 attendees at WordCamp South Africa.
WordPress Charity Scavenger Hunt participants raised $565.77 for 826 Valencia. This was matched by a donation from Automattic and my personal donation, totaling $1,697.31 to go toward writing programs for students.