Monday Morning Edition
In case you missed it, a quick recap of the past week on WordPress.com, from new features to great blogs to discover.
In our fast-moving lives, it’s easy to sometimes miss out on great things. Before starting a new week on WordPress.com, be sure to check out the features that made a splash on Hot Off the Press last week:
- You can now choose from a range of new domains, and enjoy a whole batch of improvements to your post editor and playlists.
- We rounded up some great examples of blogs using tumblelog themes, and zoomed in on Sorbet, an ideal pick for personal bloggers who want a simple, colorful design.
- If you’re looking for great photography, you’d find plenty in our whirlwind tour of the world through the eyes of bloggers from Russia to Burundi. Also, food blogs, anyone?
- We can all use some more media in our blogs. Here are three fun and creative ways bloggers are jazzing up their posts.
Pro tip of the week: Did you know you can now activate comment likes in your posts? Add this extra layer of interaction by heading to Settings → Sharing in your dashboard, then check the comment likes box.
Coming up this week
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements and features this week:
- We’ll be getting ready for National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo), kicking off tomorrow.
- All you niche bloggers out there — we’ll serve up some traffic tips just for you later this week.
We can’t leave you without noting that today is Opening Day (of the baseball season, in case you were wondering)! Have you tried out one of our MLB themes?