In case you missed it, a quick recap of the past week on WordPress.com, from new features to great blogs to discover.
Monday Morning Edition
Before starting a new week on WordPress.com, be sure to check out the features that made a splash on Hot Off the Press last week:
- Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, welcomed Longreads, a service that connects readers with the best longform storytelling on the web.
- We launched new portfolio tools and themes, and highlighted some great-looking blogs using the striking McKinley theme.
- Those of you who are building a homepage will find these five practical tips helpful.
- The autism blogging community was in the spotlight, as were three great bloggers who’ve recently made a splash in and beyond the blogosphere.
Pro tip of the week: Is the thought of hitting the “Publish” button before your post is ready giving you nightmares? Easy: using our scheduling tool, set your post to publish at a future date — say, a month from today. Once you’re happy with the draft, just change the date or publish the post manually. Note: if your post contains an image, it’s preferable not to postdate beyond the current year.
Coming up this week
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements and features this week, including:
- A look at post formats and how you can use them to highlight different types of content,
- A dive under the hood for some useful dashboard tools,
- And more…