In case you missed it, a quick recap of the past week on WordPress.com, from new features to great blogs to discover.
Monday Morning Edition
Before starting a new week on WordPress.com, be sure to check out the features that made a splash on Hot Off the Press last week:
- We launched our new location tagging feature, allowing you to share your whereabouts with your readers.
- 22 WordPress.com bloggers were nominated as 2014 BlogHer Voices of the Year — so a celebration was called for!
- Those of you building a website should give these tips on how to enhance your homepage a try.
- We welcomed two beautiful new themes, Bloggy and Oslo, and showcased some of the gorgeous sites using Ubud.
- Finally, both museum blogs and published WordPress.com authors got a much-deserved moment in the spotlight.
Pro tip of the week: Adding a Follow Blog Widget somewhere prominent in your sidebar can help you convert one-time visitors into loyal readers. Repeat visitors are also the ones most likely to engage with your content, leave comments, and develop a long-term dialog with you and your blog.
Coming up this week:
- A look at themes with striking custom menus,
- A chance to win signed copies of The Year Without Pants, the behind-the-scenes chronicle of working on WordPress.com,
- And more…